Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blast From The Past III

There have been so many issues/articles posted on the web in the last 2 days that I wasn't sure if I was going to post this Blast From The Past or another one. But, then I remembered that I promised that I would post this one tonight. I will try to get to the other articles soon, but because of all the coverage I'd like to do for the Tour, it might not be feasible until late July/early August...so stay tuned...

Anyway, on to Blast From The Past III:

Do we really need an introduction here?

He is the only man who has ever won 7 Tour de France races...let alone in 7 consecutive seasons! He is...Lance Armstrong!



His #5 was in 2003 to tie Miguel Indurain, Bernard Hinault, Eddy Merckx and Jacques Anquetil.


Number 6 came in 2004.



Number 7 came in 2005. Armstrong retired after that, only to return in 2009 and place 3rd. Not bad when it was his teammate who came in first for the 2nd year in a row. Then, Alberto Contador repeated it again in 2010.


Will we have another "Lance Armstrong"? He sure looks like he is taking after his former teammate.

Fun Fact of the Day: (Off topic) How many of you hear about the JetBlue delays at JFK yesterday due to turtles on the runway?

No comments:

Post a Comment